An introduction to the wonderful world of horses and ponies. At this grade the children are given the chance build up their confidence around the ponies. Lessons are fun and full of games to help the child develop their balance on horseback with out to much pressure. They will have a groom leading them.
This level the children are off the lead rein in walk and trot aimed time is spent on improving their seat to establish a more balanced position and better control of the ponies. To grasp a basic understanding of how to care for your pony. Learn the basic green cross code for riding on the road.
Prerequisites – 15 Lessons, 3 stable management sessions
- Leading a horse on your own.
- Self-Mounting and Dismounting.
- Walk in straight line along the arena.
- Circle in walk (10mtr).
- Figure of 8 in walk.
- Walk to trot, Trot to walk transitions. Walk-halt, Halt walk.
- Trot in straight lines.
- Circle in trot (20 mtrs).
- Basic posture of Rider.
- Correct diagonal.
Stable Management – Grooming Horse/ Pony
Moving ahead improving skills learnt at level 1 introducing canter, the rider will learn to recognise correct diagonal, work with no stirrups or hands in walk and trot. Progressing on to some basic pole work. Getting more comfortable around the ponies in the stables and starting to be able to get the pony tacked up and ready with only a little help.
Prerequisites – 30 lessons, 6 stable management sessions
- All the points from Grade-l.
- Circles in trot (10mtr).
- Figure of 8 in Trot.
- Spirals in Trot (20 to 10 mtrs )
- Trot to Canter, Canter to trot transitions, Trot – Halt, Halt – trot.
- Canter in straight lines.
- Variations in Trot.
Stable Management – Leading Horse/Pony, making them stand on mounting block and self-mounting and dismounting.
Getting better in the three basic paces, expanding on the pole work and introduce small jumping. In order to progress to the next level you must pass the Embassy Pony Club D1 test in riding and stable management.
Prerequisites – 50 lessons, 8 stable management sessions
- All the points up to Grade ll.
- Circles in Canter (10mtr)
- Walk to Canter transitions, Canter to Walk.
- Trot to Halt, Halt to Trot transitions.
- Variations in Canter.
- Jumping single jump.
- Canter Poles
- Stride work between 2 ground poles.
- Serpentine – 4 loops in trot
Stable Management – Tacking, untacking horse / Pony.
At this level you must be confident in all three paces on all horses/ponies. Improved confidence jumping and dealing with problems correctly the rider will also be confident on hacks. Start learning how to work horses/ponies in a good outline developing your feel on the horse. At this level the rider is setting an example to the previous levels and should be able to help them to improve. They could also be used as a teaching assistant to gain more knowledge.
Prerequisites – 75 lessons, 10 stable management sessions
- All the points up to Grade 3.
- Figure of 8 in canter with simple change of leg through trot.
- Few steps of counter canter like in Junior dressage
- Jumping 6-8 fences courses of 70-80CM.
- ‘Leg-yielding’ in Walk & Trot
Stable Management – Basic care of horse hoof, removing a loose shoe from your horse`s hoof.